# Progress report for Jacobs University
## Financial and administrative setup
- everything OK
hired a research software engineer (Dr. Christian Maeder) for 6 months and two Ph.D. students
(Xu He and Tom Wiesing) on 1/4 contracts.
* St. Andrews Workshop on WP6 with 15 participants (from JacU, ParisSud, Versailles,
Warwick, UZH, StAndrews)
* Developed Knowledge-first strategy for integrating open-source components into a VRE
* Implementing the basic setup for the Knowlegde-First paradigm of intetration for
* Working on MathHub.info portal and the underlying MMT-based build system.
* First (baby) steps towards a computational foundation.
## Main upcoming tasks and deliverables
July: D6.1 Full-text Search (Formulae + Keywords) over LaTeX-based Documents (e.g. the arXiv
Initial DKS base Design (including base survey and Requirements Workshop Report)
Both are on track.
If we make progress on the KF-paradigm over the next months, we should have another WP6 Workhop in Summer to consolidate this and interface with WP3 and WP4.
## Possibly Relevant Events (please contribute)
* 25-19 July 2016 [CICM Conference](http://cicm-conference.org/2016) (Conference on Intelligent Computer Mathematics).
* relevant Tracks: CALCULEMUS & MKM
* 11-14 July 2016 [ICMS Conference](http://icms2016.zib.de/) (International Conference on Mathematical Software)
--> Track on WDML and Math Software/Data/Knoweldge Information Systems.