# Progress report for Jacobs University
## Role in the OpenDreamKit Project
* Responsible for WP6: "Data/Knowledge/Software-Bases" (46 PM)
* Our Interpretation Integrating D/K/S for system integration (towards VRE)
* Participating in WP4: "User Interfaces" (12PM)
* Our interpretation: math documents as Knowledge-Based UI for Math Systems
* KWARC much better integrated in ODK than anticipated (foundational interests)
## Financial and administrative setup
- everything OK
hired a research software engineer (Dr. Christian Maeder) for 6 months and two Ph.D. students
(Xu He and Tom Wiesing) on 1/4 contracts.
* St. Andrews Workshop on WP6 with 15 participants (from JacU, ParisSud, Versailles,
Warwick, UZH, StAndrews)
* Developed Math-in-the-Middle (MitM) paradigm for integrating open-source components into a VRE
* Implementing the basic setup for the MitM paradigm of intetration for St. Andrews.
* Working on MathHub.info portal and the underlying MMT-based build system.
* good progress on parsing OEIS data set.
* ODK/MitM paper at [CICM](http://cicm-conference.org/2016)
* OEIS paper at [ICMS](http://icms2016.zib.de/)
* First (baby) steps towards a computational foundation.
* D4.2 Active/Structured Documents Requirements and existing Solutions
* D6.1 Full-text Search (Formulae + Keywords) over LaTeX-based Documents (e.g. the arXiv subset)
## Main upcoming tasks and deliverables
* D4.3 (Due: September 2016) Distributed, Collaborative, Versioned Editing of Active Documents in MathHub.info
* D6.2 (Due: September 2016) Initial DKS base Design (including base survey and Requirements Workshop Report)
* D6.3 (Due: December 2016) Design of Triform (DKS) Theories (Specification/RNC Schema/Examples) and Implementation of Triform Theories in the MMT API
* D4.8 (Due: April 2017 ) In-place computation in active documents (context/computation)
## Possibly Relevant Events
* 25-19 July 2016 [CICM Conference](http://cicm-conference.org/2016) (Conference on Intelligent Computer Mathematics).
* relevant Tracks: CALCULEMUS & MKM
* 11-14 July 2016 [ICMS Conference](http://icms2016.zib.de/) (International Conference on Mathematical Software)
* Track on WDML and Math Software/Data/Knoweldge Information Systems.