Knowledge representation in mathematical software and databases & Steering Committee, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, 25th-27th January, 201608 Dec 2015
This workshop is taking place at the University of St Andrews, UK. It will be preceded by the First Joint GAP-Sage Days (GAP Coding sprint on Jan 13-16, 2016 & GAP-SageMath Workshop on Jan 18-22, 2016) which are taking place in St Andrews as well, but require separate registration.
This OpenDreamKit consortium workshop is a part of workpackage on Data/Knowledge/Software-Bases (also known as WP6), and its theme is “Knowledge representation in mathematical software and databases”.
Registration for the workshop
Please register via Eventbrite using this link.
For further travel information about getting to St Andrews by air, rail or road, see Visiting St Andrews page.
UPDATE (2015-12-23): The Forth Road Bridge has been reopened for all traffic except Heavy Goods Vehicles. In particular all bus services to St Andrews will run as normal again.
UPDATE: The Forth Road Bridge is currently closed at least until new year. If you travel via Edinburgh, we recommend to take a train to Leuchars, but please allow extra time for your journey as trains are expected to be busier than usually. See this ScotRail page for further updates. At the moment it is anticipated that the bridge will reopen before the workshop.
One of the options is to try the brand new St Andrews Premier Inn Hotel just opened in September 2015. At the moment it offers rooms at £39 per night in Premier Saver tariff (Pre-pay, no amends or refunds) and at £49-£55 per night in Premier Flexible tariff (Amend up to 1pm on arrival days). This hotel is located in the southern part of St Andrews and is in 25 minutes walk from the workshop venue. If you would like to stay there, please make your own arrangements for the booking.
Alternatively, you may ask the organisers to find a place in some B&B. Prices may vary between different B&B. For example, we have offers for single rooms with shared downstairs shower facilities at £35 per night; single en suite at £45 per night; double/twin room at £85 per night (£65 per night for single occupancy). Please contact local organisers if you would like to use this option.
For more information please contact:
- Michael Kohlhase (email@example.com) for science related matters
- Benoît Pilorget (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Alexander Konovalov (email@example.com) - local organiser
- Alexander Konovalov (Local organiser - St Andrews)
- Michael Kohlhase (WP6 leader - JacobsUni), steering committee member
- Nicolas Thiéry (Project coordinator - UPSud), steering committee member
- Benoît Pilorget (Project Manager - UPSud), steering committee member
- Viviane Pons (UPSud), steering committee member
- Ursula Martin (UOXF), replacing D. Pasechnik to the steering committee meeting
- John Cremona, (UWarwick), steering committee member
- Luca de Feo (UVSQ), steering committee member
- Paul-Olivier Dehaye (UZH), steering committee member
- Steve Linton (StAndrews), steering committee member
- Dennis Müller (JacobsUni)
- Florian Rabe (JacobsUni)
- Mihnea Iancu (JacobsUni)
- Markus Pfeiffer (StAndrews)
- Tom Wiesing (JacobsUni)
- Samuel Lelièvre (UPSud)