OpenDreamKit’s annual project meeting took place at Jacobs’s University in Bremen (Germany), from Monday the 27th of June to Friday the 1st of July. It gathered 21 ODK participants together with ODK’s project officer and three reviewers from the EU Commission.
The beginning of the week was dedicated to ODK’s open and internal meetings, including an informal review with our Project Officer and the Commission reviewers. The rest of the week was dedicated to joint work sessions on WP4 (User Interfaces) & WP6 (Data/Knowledge/Software bases, aka Math-in-the-middle) activities.
This meeting was the occasion to build a common overview of what was achieved during the first ten months, and plan together work on the upcoming tasks and deliverables. The informal project review was enormously helpful to get early feedback and start preparing for the upcoming formal review at Month 18 (March 2017).
- Yearly progress reports for all sites
- Steering Committee meeting
- Status reports for the workshops (TODO; for now, see the old Pad for discussions and taking notes)
- Monday: General project meeting: status reports, steering committee meeting, brainstorms
- Tuesday: project review
- Wednesday: specialized workshops on WP4 and WP6
- European Commission: Anni Hellman (Project Officer), Peter Dzwig, Isabelle Perseil and Wil Schilders (reviewers)
- UPSud: Nicolas Thiéry, Benoît Pilorget, Erik Bray, Samuel Lelièvre
- JacobsUni: Michael Kohlhase, Florian Rabe, Tom Wiesing, Mihnea Iancu, Dennis Müller
- CNRS: Vincent Delecroix
- OXF: Dmitrii Pasechnik
- Southampton: Hans Fangohr, Marijan Beg
- USTAN: Alexander Konovalov, Markus Pfeiffer
- UVSQ: Luca De Feo
- UZH: Paul-Olivier Dehaye
- Logilab: Florent Cayré
- Simula: Benjamin Ragan-Kelley
Accomodation and venue
A meeting room and a lounge for coffee breaks have been reserved - both are in the same building close to the venue.
For accommodation (June 26 - July 2, 2016), participants need to book and pay themselves for the rooms.
Thirty rooms in total have been blocked by Jacobsuni at the following hotels (webpage in German):
- Hotel Strandlust, Bremen-Vegesack / price 96,50 € for single room incl. breakfast OR 140€ double room incl. breakfast (pre-reservation of 15 rooms)
- Hotel Atlantic, Bremen-Vegesack / price 82,00 € for single room incl. breakfast OR 107€ double room incl. breakfast (pre-reservation of 15 rooms)
Keep in mind that rooms are booked on the “first come – first serve” basis.
Both hotels are located close to Jacobs University. Participants who would like to reserve a room, should mention the booking code “ODK - Kohlhase” to the hotel or book the room through Ms. Anja Müller email@example.com
Deadline for reservation is June 13, 2016. Later reservation is possible depending on availability.
How to come
The fastest way from the airport is certainly taking a cab (ca 20 min). Taking the tram/train takes an hour to 90 min.